OED's Pitt Ventures
Launching a company at Pitt starts with a new innovation promising lots of commercial potential. But that’s just the beginning.
Ultimately, it takes a dedicated community of partners to ensure the best opportunity for success in the marketplace. Welcome to our Office of Enterprise Development’s (OED) Pitt Ventures initiative.
Pitt Ventures brings together a diversity of the right resources, interactive events, educational experiences and commercial partners to successfully transform Pitt innovations into successful start-up companies.
For Pitt Innovators: the Pitt Ventures program will help you through a formal start-up process that includes value proposition development, market research, competitive analysis, partner match-making, funding-raising and ongoing advisory services. It also will help you decide the extent of your own role in this entrepreneurial adventure.
Along the way, we will provide for you plenty of educational opportunities, entrepreneurial mentoring, and interactive forums that will allow you to build and present your business case to entrepreneurs, investors, economic development leaders and other potential partners.
For commercial partners: Getting involved begins with joining our Pitt Ventures Network. It’s a dynamic community of start-up advocates who not only want to see Pitt’s start-up activities thrive, but they also strive to actively participate in, and even profit from, the process.
We welcome you to join our Pitt Ventures Network, if you’re
- a serial entrepreneur looking for your next big venture
- an angel investor in search of the next great funding opportunity
- a venture capitalist seeking early access to emerging technologies
- a Pitt alum interested in supporting Pitt Innovators and their innovations
- an economic development leader who can offer start-up assistance
- any of the above who are willing to serve as Pitt Innovator mentors, educators, and advisers
For more information about how you can get involved, contact the OED at 412-624-3160.